European students are covered by the European Health Insurance Card (carte européenne d'assurance maladie), which is completed in the country of origin. There are other countries that are not a part of the European Union but with which the Spanish State has a health agreement, for example: Andorra, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Sweden, Morocco, etc. In these cases, you will have to contact the Spanish embassy in order to obtain further information.

If you are not interested in the previous option or if you come from another country, you can obtain private health insurance which will cover you in Spain. UPV has arranged a health Insurance Policy with MAPFRE that meets all the minimum requirements this University asks to accept a health insurance for the exchange. Further information and contract details is available in your student intranet under information.

The cost may vary, as it changes according to the service obtained.
It is very important for the student to clarify health insurance cover before leaving their country, as they will be able to solve any problems easily and in a more economical way. The "Universidad Politécnica de Valencia" WILL NOT ADMIT students if they fail to produce their medical insurance documents at the moment of enrolment.